1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Users of the Service may be Clients or Freelancers (as each is defined in the USER AGREEMENT).
Information You Provide to Us
When you use the Service, you may provide us with information about you. This may include your name and contact information, financial information to make or receive payment for services obtained through the MyCoder platform, or information to help us fill out tax forms. When you use the Service, we may also collect information related to your use of the Service and aggregate this with information about other users. This helps us improve our Services for you.
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Service (whether as a client or Freelancer) we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
- Payment Information: If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card or other financial account information, and billing address.
- Identity Verification: We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth or taxpayer identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
- Biometric Identifiers or Service Interaction Information: We may collect Personal Information such as a photograph of your face, a selfie, or data about your interactions with the Service to verify your identity and to detect fraud, identity theft, or other misuse of your account through the use of facial recognition and other technologies. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification. From time to time, MyCoder may require you to take and submit an additional or updated image of your face for comparison to your government-issued identification. The biometric identifiers or information collected are used only for identity verification and platform security and use integrity purposes.
- General Audience Service: The Service is general audience and intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that MyCoder has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: [email protected]
- Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information: Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining information with your name). But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information, but MyCoder will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
You do not have a statutory obligation to provide us with any information, but you may have a contractual obligation to do so, and if we do not receive certain information from you, then we will not be able to provide our Service to you. If you have any questions regarding whether provision of information is mandatory and the consequences for withholding such information, please contact us using the contact information below.
Information Received from Third Parties
Information Collected Automatically
Like other online companies, we receive technical information when you use our Services. We use these technologies to analyze how people use the Service, to improve how our Site functions, to save your log-in information for future sessions, and to serve you with advertisements that may interest you.
We and our third-party service providers, including analytics and third-party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Service. This information may include, among other information, the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Service, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to the Service, areas within the Service that you visited, which links you clicked on, which pages or content you viewed and for how long, other similar information and statistics about your interactions, such as content response times, download errors and length of visits to certain pages and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
The information we collect also includes the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique device identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) used to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access the Site, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Site.
- Web Beacons: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Site is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Site, to monitor how MyCoder Users navigate the Site, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Site.
In addition, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and we may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
Freelancers may create a profile, with certain or all information publicly available.
You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Site and outside the Site, skills, tests taken, test scores, hourly pay rates and earnings information, feedback/rating information and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all MyCoder Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your MyCoder Profile. You may edit certain information in your Profile via your account and may choose to limit who is able to view certain content you post to your Profile. Clients of associated individual users or companies may also have the opportunity to create an organization Profile. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at [email protected]
We place a premium on trust in our Site, so we may take steps to verify your identity.
Before a Freelancer can complete registration on the Site, or at any time thereafter, we may request or re-request identity verification. Without limiting the manner in which we request identify verification, we may require Freelancers to submit a video after submitting their government issued ID to enable us to confirm that the Freelancer is indeed the individual in the ID. We may take screenshots of the user. MyCoder may use the information obtained from Identity Verification for purposes of verifying your identity, enforcing our Terms of Service and other agreements, and preventing fraud.
Freelancers and Clients may communicate with each other through the Site. For example, Freelancers and Clients may wish to discuss Client needs and Freelancer work proposals. If you communicate with a client, that Client will also be a “data controller” with respect to such communications.
Job Listings Through the Site
If you choose to post a job via the Service as a Client, the contents of such listing will be viewable publicly, unless you designate the listing as only viewable through the Site or as private using the settings available on the applicable website. Work listings include information such as budget, location, history of work listing(s) by the Client, the names of other Freelancers performing work for the Client, Client feedback and rating information and timing of job performance.
We collect feedback from Mycoder Users about their experience with other Mycoder Users of our Site. Please note that any feedback you provide via the Service or feedback provided about you is publicly viewable via the Service. On very rare occasions, we may remove feedback pursuant to the relevant provisions of our Terms of Service
Social Networking Services
You may register for an account directly with our Site, or through a social networking service. If you register with a social networking service (or later link your account to one), we will collect certain information about you from that social networking service, and what we collect depends on your privacy settings with that social networking service. The Service may also allow you to “like” or share content with social networking services.
You may register to join the Site directly via the Site or by logging into your account with a third-party social networking service (“SNS”) via our Service (e.g., Facebook, Github and other third-party services that let you sign in using your existing credentials with those services). If you choose to register via an SNS, or to later link your account with the Service to your account with an SNS, we will use the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your name, email address, gender and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) to create your account. Note that the information we collect from and through an SNS may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the SNS and the permissions you grant to us in connection with linking your account with the Service to your account with an SNS. Other than what we may share with the SNS as described below, the Personal Information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Service, and MyCoder is not responsible for it.
The Site also may permit additional interactions between it and a third-party website, service, or other content provider, such as enabling you to “like” or share content to a third party SNS. If you choose to “like” or share content, or to otherwise share information from or via our Site with a third-party site or service, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Site (and we may have access to information about you from that third party). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with third parties through an SNS or similar features are governed by the respective privacy policies of those third parties.
You represent that you are entitled to use your SNS account for the purposes described herein without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern the SNS, and without obligating MyCoder to pay any fees or making MyCoder subject to any usage limitations imposed by such SNS. You can disable the link between your MyCoder account and your SNS account at any time through the “Settings” section of our Site. Please note that your relationship with any SNS is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such SNS. If your SNS account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your MyCoder account and your SNS account will terminate as well.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We use information collected through the Site to provide and improve the Site, process your requests, prevent fraud, provide you with information and advertising that may interest you, comply with the law, and as otherwise permitted with your consent.
WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- To provide and improve the Site, complete your transactions, address your inquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid, and for compliance and internal business purposes.
- To contact you with administrative communications (on behalf of MyCoder or third parties) and other information that may be of interest to you.
- To tailor content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Site and elsewhere online.
- To administer and develop our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent.
- To assess your proposal to perform a freelance job for MyCoder and prepare related governmental and internal statistics reports.
- To enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and rights of MyCoder or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify MycoderUsers.
We use your Personal Information for the purposes described:
- To Honor Our Contractual Commitments to You. Much of our processing of Personal Information is to meet our contractual obligations, or to take steps at Users’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them.
- For Our Legitimate Interests. In many cases, we handle Personal Information on the grounds that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities, such as the following, in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Providing our services.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Measuring interest and engagement on our Site.
- Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads.
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Site.
- Developing new products and services.
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety.
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Site.
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities.
- Enforcing our agreements and policies.
- Analyzing and improving our business.
- Communications, including marketing and responding to your inquiries about our services.
- Addressing information security needs and protecting our Users, MyCoder, and others.
- Managing legal issues.
- To Comply with Legal Obligations. We need to use and disclose Personal Information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
3. DATA RETENTION
Unless you request that we delete certain information, we retain government-issued identification documents you submit to verify your identity for 30 days, selfies you submit to verify your identity for 180 days, a copy of the headshot image from your identity document for 3 years, and other information we collect for at least 5 years. Your information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time. If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we encourage you to routinely update the data to ensure that we have accurate and up-to-date information about you.
4. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share information about you to provide the Site, for legal and investigative purposes, in connection with sweepstakes and promotions, or if we are part of a merger or acquisition. We may also share non-identifying information with third parties. You have choices as to whether we share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Information about Freelancers Shared with Clients: We share information regarding Freelancers who have entered into a contract with a client or who have elected to participate in MyCoder, including information in work history, with Clients and MyCoder. Note that if a Freelancer is suspended from the MyCoder, we may share that information with Clients for whom that Freelancer has worked or submitted proposals for work. If you choose to view a job post or submit a proposal for work as a Freelancer via the Site, we may share relevant information with the applicable Client(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your Freelancer Profile.
- Information about Clients shared with Freelancers: If you have entered into a service contract or agreed to use MyCoder with another user, we may provide him/her with your name, company address, billing address, or tax ID or VAT number in order to complete the transaction or to facilitate the resolution of a claim or dispute. The user receiving your information is not allowed to use it for purposes unrelated to the transaction, such as to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have expressly consented to it.
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site, to provide the Site on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of MyCoder’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Legal and Investigative Purposes: MyCoder will share information with government agencies as required by law in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), or, at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation where we determine in our sole discretion the disclosure is necessary to (a) protect the property and rights of MyCoder or a third party, (b) protect the safety of the public or any person, or (c) prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Internal and Business Transfers: MyCoder may share information, including Personal Information, with parent company Algoji enterprises pvt ltd, and any current or future subsidiaries or affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes, including activities such as IT management, for them to provide services to you, or support and supplement the Site we provide. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due-diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy.
5. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIES
We may work with advertising agencies and vendors who use technology to help us understand how people use our Site. These vendors may use technologies to serve you advertisements that may interest you. You can choose to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising.
MyCoder works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Site, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the Site; to serve our advertisements on other websites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Site and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Site as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device, and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Site or other online websites and services. We may also share certain Non-Identifying Information with these parties, including Hashed Information, in connection with the services they provide to us.
6. YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
According to applicable law, you may have certain choices and rights associated with your personal information.
- Registered MyCoder Users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your online account.
Data Subject Rights.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information.
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. In some cases, you can update your personal information within your MyCoder account by logging in and visiting settings/user settings.
- Request Deletion, Anonymization or Blocking of your personal information when processing is based on your consent or when processing is unnecessary, excessive or noncompliant. Note that if your information is deleted, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Site. If you would like to close your account in our system, you can do so through the MyCoder(once you have logged in, visit settings / user settings, and then click on the close my account link).
- Request Restriction of or Object to our processing of your personal information when processing is noncompliant.
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information. If you refrain from providing personal information or withdraw your consent to processing, some features of our Site may not be available.
- Request data portability and receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us.
- Be informed about third parties with which your personal information has been shared.
- Request the review of decisions taken exclusively based on automated processing if that could affect data subject rights.
While we strongly encourage you to first raise any questions or concerns about your Personal Information directly with us, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority and to seek judicial remedy.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your requests for deletion; however, certain information will actively persist on the Site even if you close your account, including information in your messages you posted to the Site. In addition, the rights described above may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information, we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping (such as for fraud prevention purposes). Your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally for our administrative purposes, to the extent permitted by law. In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on the Site. Bear in mind that neither you nor MyCoder can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Site.
We take a number of steps to protect your data, but no security is guaranteed.
MyCoder takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about MyCoder Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (“TLS”). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our MyCoder Users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, MyCoder cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Because we are an Indian company, we process your information in the India and our service providers may process and store it elsewhere.
When we transfer Personal Information from territories in the EEA or with similar laws to our affiliates or service providers in the India and elsewhere outside the EEA, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms, which may include standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission and the Privacy Shield, as described below. You may request a copy of the standard contractual clauses relevant to your Personal Information, if any, using the contact information below.
9. PUBLIC PROFILE
The profile you create on our Site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any questions that you have about this agreement can be forwarded to
ALGOJI ENTERPRISES PRIVATE LIMITED, Address: 55 S/F, Panchkuian Road, Cannaught Place, Delhi – 110001 or [email protected]